Saturday, January 3, 2009

Playoff predictions to laugh at later

Update: I am adding the actual playoff results in italics next to my predictions.

For what it's worth, here are my playoff predictions for this year. I think the Carolina Panthers will beat the Baltimore Ravens in the Super Bowl.

After watching Carolina beat San Diego in the first week of the regular season, I had a hunch that they would go to the Super Bowl, and they haven't done anything to change my mind. They remind me a lot of the 2007 New York Giants, with a team that has several talented running backs, a strong defense and a talented quarterback that can deliver a victory when needed. I think Baltimore is the only defense that can get into Peyton Manning's head, and in the AFC, that's enough to propel them.

AFC Wild-Card
Baltimore over Miami | Baltimore 27, Miami 9
Indianapolis over San Diego | San Diego 23, Indianapolis 17 (OT)

AFC Divisional
Baltimore over Tennessee | Baltimore 13, Tennessee 10
Indianapolis over Pittsburgh | Pittsburgh 35, San Diego 24

AFC Championship
Baltimore over Indianapolis | Pittsburgh 23, Baltimore 14

NFC Wild-Card
Minnesota over Philadelphia | Philadelphia 26, Minnesota 14
Atlanta over Arizona | Arizona 30, Atlanta 24

NFC Divisional
Carolina over Minnesota | Arizona 33, Carolina 13
New York over Atlanta | Philadelphia 23, New York 11

NFC Championship
Carolina over New York | Arizona 32, Philadelphia 25

Super Bowl
Carolina over Baltimore | Pittsburgh 27, Arizona 23

No comments:

Post a Comment