Saturday, January 10, 2009

Odds and ends

A few brief observations.

1. It takes a lot longer to do statistical research than expected, so for my sanity's sake I will not attempt to do the same amount of work behind the scenes every day. That will also help in two other ways -- I will more easily be able to post something every day, and I will be able to do more substantive research without stringent deadlines. I'm also busy finding some more interesting blogs to read, that I will continue to add to the links along the right-side.

2. I am obviously an NFL geek considering that I took home the Miami Dolphins 2008 Postseason Guide that we received at work today after my bosses threw it in the recycling bin. I like the opportunity to read through the weekly game summaries and the guide also contains a lot of good statistical information that I can use in my research. Although the Internet is an undeniably great resource, it is sometimes easier to flip back and forth between pages instead of pressing Control-Tab repeatedly. Also, the book is currently selling on eBay for $17.50!

3. As for actual football news, I have none. Just enjoy the divisional playoff games this weekend, which is my second-favorite football weekend of the year after Kickoff Weekend. Eight of the best teams in the NFL play four consecutive single-elimination games. The Super Bowl is historically significant, but there is no less anticipation in the season than at the final game.

1 comment:

  1. speaking of stats: The Eagles 23-11 win of the Giants was the first 23-11 game ever! Also, the heaviest bird that can fly is on average 50 freaking pounds! (to stay on topic)

    ReplyDelete