Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl XLIII Prediction

Update: Steelers 27, Cardinals 23. MVP: Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes (nine catches, 131 yards, game-winning touchdown). I thought I had a chance for quite the prediction when the Steelers were winning 20-16 with four minutes remaining, and James Harrison's game-changing 100-yard interception return likely enough to secure him the MVP.

I have been abdicating my blogging duties this week, and for that I apologize. Hopefully, I won't have to apologize in three hours for my Super Bowl pick.

It is certainly cliche to say, but I can see this game going either way. But in this sense -- I think it's equally as probable that the Cardinals win or that the Steelers win by 21, if they start forcing turnovers and Kurt Warner starts getting desperate.

I am a big Warner fan, and I don't think he's ever really had a bad game in the playoffs. He's played in two Super Bowls and holds first and second place for most passing yards in the Super Bowl, winning one MVP in the process.

Let's not overlook the Steelers, though. I read that they would have been favored in the Super Bowl against any team, and I think they're certainly better than the Falcons and the Eagles, and comparable to the Panthers (the three teams Arizona has defeated in the playoffs).

My pick? Pittsburgh 19, Arizona 17, with Steelers linebacker James Harrison the MVP.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent prediction. Best Super Bowl ever?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is an NFL blog, but what do you think about A-Rod's roid problems. From my perspective, this does severe damage to the sport. What do stats mean anymore? He can't be in the Hall of Fame now. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete